Time is really fast here in the mission field. If only I can make things a little bit slower; but surely, I cannot. Only Heavenly Father can do that if He wills it. But, everyday is an adventure here in the mission field. I love waking up as a missionary and I love being one.
Okay! Now to all the events that happened in my second cycle:
1. We had Tatay Willy Mandac’s Baptism! Tatay Willy has been an investigator for 3 years with his wife, Nanay Wilma. I know in my heart that Heavenly Father has prepared him so that he can receive and enter into this sacred ordinance. My companion and I love both of them so much! The members of Cabatuan Branch have also been very supportive and welcoming towards him.
2. Sister Argañosa had a CLS Exam (English Proficiency Test) and a Career Workshop last February 15 and 16. She had to take these things because she’s already leaving on March 1st (Wednesday). She has completed her 18-month journey as a missionary. Because she had to take the test and attend the workshop, I had Sister Sauder (my STL) as my companion and did missionary work in their area in Cauayan.
3. We also had our splits with the STL’s last February 17. We worked in Cauayan again, and Sister Songcuan was my companion for that day. It was a great splits. and I really loved meeting the people that they’re teaching. Sister Songcuan was amazing and I learned so much from her.
4. We had CSP’s (Community Service Projects) in all weeks of February. We had one in Victoria Branch (Elder Sorilla’s [District Leader] and Elder Malipay’s area) for the James Family, one in San Mateo Branch (Sister Mora’s and Sister Bas’ area) for the Garcia Family; and one in our area for President Cusili.
5. We had a Zone Conference in Ilagan. We had the Burgos, Cauayan, Roxas, Ilagan, and Tuguegarao North and South, with us. President and Sister Hiatt gave wonderful messages on how we can be better Preach My Gospel missionaries.
6. My favorite part of the cycle: Elder David A. Bednar’s Special Meeting with the Philippines Cauayan Mission. Elder Bednar (one of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles) gave such a profound message. I got the opportunity to ask him a question. and he asked me to go up to the pulpit to ask the question, so I got to see him face to face. How cool is that! 🙂 I asked him “How can we know that we’re already making the area we’re assigned to stronger than it was before?”. He said that we don’t need to worry about it. We just need to be a little better today than we were yesterday, and a little better tomorrow than we were today, and that is enough. I’ve learned so many things in that meeting that I continue to feel the Spirit with me. The testimonies of President and Sister Hiatt, Elder and Sister Bowen, and of course, Elder and Sister Bednar truly inspired me to be the best missionary that I can be.
Truly, a lot of things are happening here in the mission. I treasure every experience and every moment that I have had. I’m so grateful to be here and I will not stop contributing in this great and marvelous work.
“I just can’t live without doing my best!”
P.S. Stay tune and find out who my next companion is going to be 😉