Hi family and friends!
How’s everyone doing? Sister Balagtas and I just finished our cycle together! I really feel that I’m improving a lot as a missionary, and yet I know that I have much to learn.
As for what happened this cycle, let me give you a breakdown:
1. I quietly transitioned from being an “anak” (trainee) to a “nanay” (trainer) real quick, all thanks to my wonderful companion, Sister Balagtas.
2. We had a lot of trainings for the past few weeks. We had district meetings, zone training meetings, and another zone conference in Ilagan. We learned a lot about declaring “Repentance”! Repentance is for all of us, even for me. We make mistakes everyday, and the only way we can truly change our very nature is through repenting of our sins.
3. We had splits with the Sister Training Leaders, Sister Sauder and Sister Regala (our new STL). I really had a good time working in Cauayan, and learning from the leaders on what I need to improve on.
4. Sister Hiatt worked with us. We truly learned a lot from her, and she told us that she’ll be working with us again, soon, with President Hiatt. 🙂 How great is that!
5. Now that Sister Balagtas and I have settled in and adjusted in our area, we really want to help Cabatuan Branch grow stronger. We’re truly feeling the weight of our calling, and our spirits are so excited to help. We plan on helping in firesides, and helping our branch president, President Cusili, in having the youth experience missionary work.
6. We had a wonderful opportunity to listen from the council of our prophets leaders during the recent General Conference. It was truly a blessing for all of us. I especially want to share the council given by President Dieter F. Uchtdorf (2nd Councilor in The First Presidency). He said that as we share the gospel, we should invite the spirit of love, instead of fear. “We must replace fear with Christ’s perfect love”. We should all ask from our Father in Heaven to give us the gift of charity and love, in order to truly share the gospel of Jesus Christ, with our fellow brothers and sisters, here on Earth.
Throughout the cycle, I’ve witnessed a lot of blessings, and a lot of things that we still need to do. With that, I always remember what is says in Doctrine and Covenants 4:5, “And faith, hope, charity and love, with an eye single to the glory of God, qualify him for the work”. I know that I’m not perfect, but I also know that this responsibility has been entrusted to me by our Heavenly Father. We have to press forward and do our very best because as it says in Hymn #266, “The time is far spent, there is little remaining”, and we should “be fixed in our purpose for Satan will try us”.
I love you all! Take care always!
“I just can’t live without doing my best!”
Zone Conference in Ilagan
Splits with Sister Sauder and Sister Regala
Working with Sister Hiatt 🙂
With Sister Jovelyn and friends
With the Estioco Family