Hello family and friends!
This cycle has been amazing! I’ve seen countless miracles and blessings each person has received through the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I can’t describe my joy every time I see the mighty change of heart that’s currently happening when people take time to study and live the restored Gospel.
Last zone conference (in Cauayan), Sister Hiatt, our mission president’s wife, taught us this wonderful phrase. She said that “There’s no growth in the comfort zone, and no comfort in the growth zone”. I really love it! In the area that I’m currently serving, my companions and I experienced lots of challenges, but this phrase that Sister Hiatt stated would always come to my mind. I know that Heavenly Father wants us to progress. Just because we experience trials and tribulations, does not mean that He left us. In fact, He wants to help us even more. We experience challenges in life because our Father in Heaven and His Son, Jesus Christ, want us to become like Them: perfected and exalted Beings.
Now with that being said, let me share what has happened during my sixth cycle here in the mission field:
1. As I’ve said before in my last blog update, I’m in a tri-companionship again, with Sister Montandon and Sister Abella. I’ve learned a lot from these two Sisters. They’re very hardworking and they’re willing to give their all in this great and marvelous work.
2. During district meetings, we discussed how we can become better consecrated missionaries. We continued to focus on improving our skills and to become better acquainted with the Preach My Gospel. Our district leader, Elder Jayme, taught us during district meetings. Sometimes, we would be visited by our Sister Training Leaders, Sister Cumpio and Sister Rutitea; and our Zone Leaders, Elder Frei and Elder Temple.
3. Last July 20, we had our splits with our Sister Training Leaders. My companion for the day was Sister Cumpio. We worked in Santiago City, and I learned to be more bold and confident in contacting individuals, especially in introducing the restored Gospel through the Prophet Joseph Smith.
4. Last July 27, we had a zone conference in Cauayan. We talked about growth and progression. We also discussed the new contacting method, by using the First Vision. Because the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ through the Prophet Joseph Smith is our unique message, we ought to introduce this more to people and with the Spirit, they will know that this is true.
5. Good News! Sister Abella got her visa to Mexico. She flew to Mexico last August 7. She entered the Mexico MTC already, and she’s currently learning the Spanish language.
6. A week after Sister Abella left was transfer day, and to our surprise, Sister Montandon got transfered. She transferred to the Solano Zone (Nueva Vizcaya) and I got to meet my new companion afterwards.
7. My new companion is Sister Absalon. She’s from Surigao Del Norte (Philippines Butuan Mission). She arrived in the mission field last January 2017. She’s a very kind and simple person. She’s very humble and teachable, and right off the bat, we’re already comfortable with one another. I also welcomed our new “kabahays”. The Elder missionaries from Ward 2 got transferred, and these Sisters replaced them. They’re Sister Mafuataimi (my batchmate, and she’s from Tonga) and Sister Neeti (from Kiribati).
That’s it for now, folks! Let’s keep working together to help people come unto Christ!
I LOVE YOU ALL!
“I just can’t live without doing my best!”
Zone Conference in Cauayan
Splits/Exchanges with Sister Cumpio
Sister Abella and I
Sister Montandon and I
My new companion, Sister Absalon